The original 1640 settlement ran from Town Creek up Young's Avenue and then west along Route 25 to Willow Hill. Southold's First Presbyterian Church is the oldest English church society in the State of New York.
Southold has an Indian Museum, Custer Institute, and the Southold
Historical Society maintains the Museum Park consisting of nine historic
buildings on Main Street, east of Maple Lane.
The Horton Point Lighthouse was commissioned by George Washington. (Photo courtesy of Ralph Pugliese, Jr.)